WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, America First Legal (AFL) filed a lawsuit against the Biden Department of Justice (DOJ) for systematically violating federal law by refusing to comply with seven AFL Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. The requests cover:
- The DOJ’s “Domestic Terrorism Unit” – a euphemism for an operational unit targeting constitutionally protected speech and association that the Biden Administration deems a threat to its radical agenda.
- The Biden Administration’s unlawful and politically motivated obstruction of AFL’s FOIA requests.
- Potential conflicts of interest underlying Attorney General Merrick Garland’s infamous October 4, 2021 memorandum mobilizing the Department’s National Security Division and the FBI against parents speaking out to protect their children from divisive Critical Race Theory and extremist gender ideology indoctrination in public schools.
- The apparent assault by senior Biden White House officials on the independence and integrity of the DOJ’s Office of Legal Counsel.
- The left’s coordinated smear campaign against the U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and his wife, Virginia Thomas.
- DOJ’s failed efforts to disqualify an AFL attorney from one of AFL’s cases against the Biden Administration.
- Communications between government agencies and ACLU National Legal Director David Cole who is married to Cornellia Pillard, a sitting judge on the influential U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit to uncover whether or not Mr. Cole has been engaged in communications with the government about cases that could potentially reach Judge Pillard.
America First Legal is determined to hold the Biden Administration accountable for breaking federal law and concealing these records from the American public.
Statement from Reed D. Rubinstein, America First Senior Counselor and Director of Oversight and Investigations:
“The Biden Administration’s illegal obstruction of information that will open a number of highly controversial DOJ actions to public scrutiny necessarily raises serious questions of corruption and politicization that threaten our citizens’ trust in government. Biden and his DOJ are playing a very cynical and dangerous game with our democracy. They must be stopped,” said Reed Rubinstein.
Read the lawsuit here.
Follow us on social media to get the latest updates on America First Legal’s fight to protect your constitutional rights!
To schedule an engagement with America First Legal, please email [email protected].
Photo credit: jdwfoto/Adobe Stock Images