Personal Information refers to any information, alone or in combination with other information, which can identify a person. This does not include information where identifiers have been removed. We seek to protect your Personal Information and your right to privacy and to comply with applicable privacy laws and regulations of states in the United States of America.
Information We May Collect
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information:
Your web browser may automatically send us (and we may retain) Personal Information such as the following:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which refers to a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you surf the web, as well as information that may be derived from the IP address, such as geographic location;
- Behavioral data of the internet connected device you use when on this website, such as advertisements clicked or viewed, sites and content areas;
- Location or geolocation information you provide directly or through automated means;
- Information about the device you use, such as browser, device type, operating system, the presence or use of “apps,” screen resolution and preferred language;
- Type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- Demographic information and other information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity;
- Unique IDs such as your mobile device identifier, cookie ID on your browser, pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) and other technologies;
- Date and time you access our website; and,
- Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our website.
We may use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain our website. This may include information to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our website, to provide the services you seek, to ensure the website is working properly, to perform analyses about your use or interest in our services and content, and to help us make our website more accessible and useful.
We will not use your Personal Information to identify individuals, except for website security or law enforcement purposes.
We may ask that you provide us with Personal Information when you communicate with us online, register to use our website, or receive our communications, for example. You are not required to provide your Personal Information to us, although we may not be able to provide certain services to you without your Personal Information.
Additionally, we may retain other Personal Information, such as your name, street address, email addresses, telephone number, demographic attributes when tied to Personal Information that identifies you, photographs that identify you and testimonials, and transactional data.
We may use the information we collect to inform you of new content, for marketing and promotional purposes, to provide targeted advertising, to analyze, develop, optimize and improve the use, function, and performance of our website and our services, and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We may share your Personal Information with those third parties who, in our judgment, are appropriate in order to fulfill requests or other services by you or otherwise provide a commercial purpose and/or business function on our behalf, or as may be required by law or regulation. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to, or fulfill your requests.
If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, we may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies we deem appropriate.
How Long We Keep Information
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
If you are a California resident, under California law you have the right to know about and request the following information regarding your Personal Information we collect and disclose for the period covering 12 months preceding your request:
- The categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we collected;
- The categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information;
- The business or commercial purpose for which we collected or sold your Personal Information; and,
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed or sold your Personal Information.
AFL does not sell Personal Information. Please note, however, that the CCPA may consider some uses or sharing of your Personal Information as a “sale” to include sharing of Personal Information with third parties for valuable consideration. This may include agreements with third party providers, as described below.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information we collect, although this request may be denied if a legal exemption is applicable. Also, if you request, you have the right to receive notice of the categories of Personal Information about you.
In order to exercise your rights as a California resident under the CCPA, please contact us at [email protected]. Please specify your full name, mailing and email addresses, and the details about your request. We will respond to verifiable consumer requests consistent with the CCPA and its regulations. To ensure the request is coming from you and to protect your security, we may require that you provide certain information to us, including a declaration or affidavit under penalty of perjury, to verify your identify. You may also use an authorized agent to exercise your rights if the authorized agent has your power of attorney to act on your behalf.
Links to Other Websites
Text messaging originator opt-in data and consent will not be shared with any third parties unless required by law.
Your Acceptance of These Terms